Friday, October 05, 2007

#67 - Mountain Ghost Stories and Curious Tales of NC by Randy Russell



This book really contains more stories involving Cherokee Indian Legends than it does Ghost stories. It was still a very interesting read though.

I live right in the area this book is about. Several places mentioned in the book are just minutes from my house -- Rutherfordton, Chimney Rock, Lake Lure, Hickory Nut Gorge. For me, that made the stories more enjoyable because I knew the area it was talking about. But the legends would be interesting even to someone who isn't familiar with Western North Carolina.

The book has 18 short stories, and is well written. But I was a bit disappointed that nearly all of the stories were indian legends when the book title says "Mountain Ghost Stories''. I think a better title would have been Western NC Mountain Legends and Ghost Stories, not the other way around. :)

50 Book Challenge 2007: 47/50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home