Friday, October 05, 2007

#65 - Strawberry Shortcake Murder by Joanne Fluke



This is the 2nd book in Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen Mystery Series. The First book in the series "Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder'' is also reviewed on this website.

I'm really enjoying this series. It's lighthearted, contains some yummy recipes, and I like the main character.

Hannah Swensen owns a bakery. In between baking cookies and making coffee, she gets tangled up in some interesting investigations. In "Strawberry Shortcake Murder'', one of the judges for a cooking contest is murdered. The police immediately suspect the man's wife, who happens to be a close friend of Hannah's. So, in order to help her friend, Hannah starts investigating the killing.

There are 7 dessert recipes included in the book, but the one dish mentioned in the story that I really am curious about isn't included because it's not a dessert recipe. Hannah and a friend go to a restaurant and the owner makes a spicy chicken dish that has chocolate in the sauce. It sounds really good!!! I was much more interested in the chicken recipe than the cookie recipes included in the book! I will have to research and find a similar dish and try it out on my family. I won't tell them that there's chocolate in the sauce until after they eat it. :)

This is a fun series! And I'm looking forward to reading the next book "Blueberry Muffin Murder''

50 Book Challenge 2007: 45/50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home