Thursday, September 27, 2007

# 57 - Letters from Pemberly by Jane Dawkins



This book is another continuation of the Pride and Prejudice story by Jane Austen. The book is in letter format. The storyline develops as you read letters written by Jane and Elizabeth Bennett in the year following their marriages.

For me, this book was a bit of a disappointment. The letters gave a bit of insight into the continuing lives of the P & P characters, but so much was left out. I think it was the letter format of the book that I really didn't care for. But, even so, I did enjoy reading it. I just wanted more details. :)

There is a 2nd book by the same author, Jane Dawkins, titled "More Letters from Pemberly.'' I haven't read it yet, so maybe that will answer some of the questions I still had about some of the characters.

I did like some of the plot in Dawkins book - Jane and Elizabeth both have had to send money to help their sister Lydia, Bingley's sister is still a snake, and Mrs. Bennett is still complaining about her nerves. :)

The book is a good read for P&P fans! :)

50 Book Challenge 2007: 37/50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home