Thursday, September 27, 2007

#60 - Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs



Fatal Voyage is the 4th book in the Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs. I found out about the book series after watching the television series Bones, which is loosely based on this series. And, when I found out that Reichs is a forensic anthropologist in Charlotte, near where I live, I was even more interested in reading this series.

I have enjoyed the first four books. But, the Brennan character in the books, and on the television show might have the same name, but they have very little else in common. I don't mind it though.....television characters are never the same as in the books they are based on.

Reichs mixes her medical knowledge and her writing skills very well. Her style isn't so bogged down in scientific terminology that it drowns the story. And her storylines aren't trite, like some medical/crime/mystery series can become.

Fatal Voyage centers around an airline crash in NC. Brennan discovers something strange at the accident scene, and suddenly someone is out to ruin her career to get her to stop investigating. The plot is fast paced and quite good!

Definitely another good installment in this series! I've already started book 5 in the series "Grave Secrets''

50 Book Challenge 2007: 40/50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home