Thursday, September 27, 2007

# 62 - Loch by Paul Zindel



This book was a disappointment for me. I found the plot boring, and the writing was bad. Yes, on the one hand, this is a Young Adult book....but I've read some wonderful YA books. This one fell flat. Not at all what I expected from Paul Zindel.

The basic plot revolves around a scientific team doing research at a remove Virginia lake after reported sightings of a lake creature, not unlike the famous Loch Ness Monster. But, suddenly the team is in peril, when the monster decides to start attacking and killing/eating/maiming nearly everyone in sight. This book reminded me of a bad Sci-Fi Channel Original Movie. I could imagine it coming on late at night "Attack of the Lake Monster'' with a really corny plot and terrible CGI monster special effects.

The writing was bad. The plot was just unintelligent, and boring. I was surprised to find out that this book was recommended in 1995 by the NYC library on its List for the Teen Age.

Ugh. Surely there were better books in 1995 to recommend than this one.

50 Book Challenge 2007: 42/50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home