Monday, May 07, 2007

#28 - The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster




Technically, "The Phantom Tollbooth'' is a children's book.....but since I never got the chance to read it as a kid, I figured now was the time! And I'm glad I did!


This was the most enjoyable, funny, quirky little book I've read in a long time!


The main character is a little boy who is frankly just bored with everything. Then one day a phantom tollbooth appears in his house, and he's off on all sorts of adventures.


The story line thinly veils great educational information on words and sounds, puns, alliteration, etc. Juster was a masterful writer, and the illustrations by Jules Feiffer add so much to the story.


I really enjoyed reading this book. I needed something light and enjoyable that could be read in an afternoon, and this book really fit the order. :)
50 Book Challenge 2007: 8/50


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home