Tuesday, July 24, 2007

#46 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling



Yes, I am done reading my copy already! And yes, I stood in line at Walmart at midnight the day the book came out to get my copy. :) I figured it was the last book, and I might as well be able to say I was part of the hype.

This book is a good closer for the series. It was action-packed from beginning to end, and an enjoyable read. Some well-known and liked characters die in this final Harry Potter book, but that's realistic given the fact that it's an all out war of good versus evil.

I won't give any plot spoilers. It's enough to say that it was worth the money, and the time I spent in line! And, it's kinda cool to think that I was reading the book at the same time as millions of other people.

But, I do think the hype was a bit much.....then again, anything that encourages kids (and adults) to read is a good thing!!!

Would I stand in line ever again to get a book on its publication date???? No, probably not. It was fun to do it once though!

50 Book Challenge 2007: 26/50

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Wow...you are fast! I'm actually a couple books behind...but I did get book 7!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home