Wednesday, August 23, 2006

#4 - The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Neffenegger



I was totally hooked by this book ..... so much so that I couldn't stop reading it until the last page. It's been years since I spent all day reading a book because I couldn't put it down. What an imaginative and interesting story!

The Time Traveler's Wife is a tale about Henry and Clare. Henry has a genetic disorder that causes him to travel in time unexpectedly. And Clare is the one that's always left behind, waiting on Henry to come back from his time travels. The development of their relationship is just mesmerizing.

I really enjoyed this book. At first, I was a bit skeptical because the basic premise seemed ridiculous. But, the story just sucked me in and I just couldn't stop reading. It's wonderful to read a book that is a totally fresh approach. This story is totally different from anything I've read before, and that's what kept me engrossed today.

The story switches back and forth from Henry to Clare's perspective. Henry is always worried he will disappear in front of people, and stresses about where he will find himself. Clare meets Henry as a child, and gets to know him as a time traveler that pops in and out of her life, and as her future husband once they actually meet up in "real-time'.

This book is definitely worth reading! I can see why it has 60+ people waiting in line for a copy on PaperBackSwap. When I finished it, I listed it right away.....I will definitely send my copy on so that someone else can enjoy the story like I did! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

I've seen that book but really didn't know what it was about. Sounds good! Thanks for reviewing that one.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

That is a great book. I think I'd like to re-read it again.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Wendi said...

I heard about this book on Cast-On podcast, i think. To borrow soon from library. Thanks for reminding me.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home