Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Brain Candy

Books to the Ceiling,
Books to the Sky,
My pile of books is a mile high
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them!
~Arnold Lobel~


I have decided to challenge myself to start reading more. At one time, I was an avid reader...I was always in the library picking out new novels to peruse. But then I got married, had children...life got busy....and for a few years, I didn't have much time to read.

I still have a busy life, kids, a husband....but I'm going to MAKE time to expand my horizons and exercise my brain.

My challenge to myself is to:

Read at least half an hour every day
Keep track of the books I read with blog entries
Visit the library at least once a week
Start reading more to my 2-year old
Try new authors and new genres
Re-visit some books I enjoyed as a kid
Cut down on the time I spend watching television

TTFN!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karla said...

Great challenges! Especially the last one...watch TV LESS! I'm all for that one!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home