Wednesday, November 28, 2007

#80 - The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield



I just couldn't get into this book. To me, it seemed to forced and contrived. I felt like I was reading a book, rather than being immersed in the story.

I know it's listed on several "great books'' lists, but I personally didn't really care for it.

The story line is dark -- the main character is the daughter of a antique books dealer. She is invited to interview a famous author who is a mysterious recluse. Both women have to face their past and the truth about family secrets.

Setterfield's writing is very good. I just didn't really like the story. But lots and lots of other people have enjoyed this book. It's definitely worth a read so that you can form your own opinion.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I thought it was an amazing book, and one of my favorite parts was how it talked about reading and why we read.

It was GOTHIC though.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home