Sunday, December 10, 2006

#19 - Dance Upon the Air by Nora Roberts


If I'm being honest, I have to say that this book was just OK. It wasn't bad. It wasn't great. It was just so-so.

From the descriptions of this book, I expected more thrills and suspense.....but it's really just a cupcake romance novel with a bit of witchcraft frosting. The storyline seemed watered down -- very little real characterization, and very little happening story-wise. My impression is that the story was drawn out to novel length so that Roberts could have another trilogy. I would also venture that perhaps the 3 books could have been combined into one better written story with more action.

As it is, this book was more of a formula romance novel, and the story line wasn't all that interesting. Very predictable.

The magic of this book fizzled for me. I do have the other 2 books in the series and I will read them to see if the trilogy improves as it goes along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home